I already talked about my weight loss goals in a previous post, you can read it here, but I wanted to talk about ALL my #goals for 2020. I’ve always been an ultra nerd when it comes to New Year’s resolutions and in the past have totally turned it into IM GOING TO DO EVERYTHING THIS YEAR!
But let’s be real. That ain’t happening. So this year I’ve sort of categorized my goals into groups with the intention of focusing on each group in different ways throughout the year. I always leave myself lots of room to change as my life changes throughout the year. I see goals as flexible, because we change, so our goals throughout the year might have to. That being said, right now my main areas of focus are weight loss, sustainability, minimalism, and my blogging goals. Here’s kind of what I’m thinking:
- Weight loss. Basically just adhering to the rules I set for myself in my weight loss goals post!
- Minimalism. I am kicking off the year by participating in the #declutterlikeamother challenge by Allie Casazza. 30 minutes a day with focus on 4 main areas in the house for 14 days! I’m totally looking forward to the results!
- Weight loss.
- Minimalism. I want to leave this open for any areas of the house that need to be, as minimalists call it, “edited”.
- Weight loss. This will be the last month of my 90 day challenge!
- Sustainability with the focus on wardrobe. I want to do a blog series called “rebuilding a wardrobe postpartum” and really focus on second-hand shopping and finding great items that way!
- Zero Waste Challenge. I’ve wanted to try going zero waste for 30 days for as long as I’ve heard about it! It sound really hard, so honestly this is my main focus for the month
- Weight Loss. I want to just edit my weight loss goals based on where I’m at at this point!
- Spend no money challenge. With rules like buying groceries and paying bills obviously. 🙂 This kind of goes along the lines of minimalism but hopefully gives us some extra $$.
- Eat 100% local food challenge! This sounds hard but fun, June will be a perfect time to do it in Minnesota. We’ve done a CSA share the last two years with a local farmer, so we’ll renew that and find other local options. The main rule is eating only food that was grown within 100 miles of where you live! This will take some research and work to accomplish!
- #nonewclothes for our family! I always find beautiful looking clothes for me and my kiddos second-hand so to go along with my sustainability goal I want to do this all year as a challenge! I think the only challenge I’ll have with this is Michael’s clothes, I have no idea what the supply/demand is for used men’s clothes. But I’ll find out!
- Blogging consistently! It’s my goal to get away once a week from the chaos (and beauty 🙂 of a full home and write something at least once a week!
AAaand that’s as far as I’ve gotten, but I feel like if I have done these things by July, I can take the rest of the year anywhere!
What are your goals? Do you feel like you want to do ALL THE THINGS too? Have you ever set a monthly focus for the year like this?